Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wow I can't believe it's over!

My nephew Ed, Sister In Law Deki, Erin, Kat, Sophia, Jeff and Me
Kathleen Opening her Quilt!

The Calm before the Storm!
Quinn, Bridget and Jeff in their Christmas Jammies...


I think this happens every Christmas! We spend weeks getting ready for it and then it is gone! I think that is why I always get a little sad that it passes so fast. We had a really nice Christmas eve and Christmas day though! We went out to dinner on Christmas eve after Jeff got off from work, we looked at some lights on the way home and then went home to open some presents (Well jammies!). Our Friend Diana went with us and we had a fun time! We were up too late though and almost missed Santa! But he must have come late because when Quinn woke up at six int he morning there were presents under the tree! We had a nice morning with our traditional cinnamon rolls and bacon and OJ. We then got ready to go to Erin's for Christmas with family (Aunt Kathleen and her family, Uncle Bob and Aunt Deki, Cousin Ed, and Aunt Erin and some of her husbands family!) The highlight for me was opening presents (well at least when Kat and Erin opened their presents from me! I made quilts for them from old dresses that my mom wore. I didn't expect them to cry or me to cry like we did but it was a sweet moment and we knew mom and dad were with us!) We brought Stacey home with us and picked up Casey on the way home. We then opened more presents and were off to bed! (It was way after midnight!) On Friday I spent the morning getting new decorations and lights for next year at the sales! Then when I came home we all went to see "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler it was a great movie we all just loved it! (Especially Jeff). We then came home and fixed a big dinner for everyone and our Sister Missionaries, Casey and Stacey, and our Friend Diana joined us, it was fun to cook a holiday dinner since I only made part of it the day before. Afterwards we took in the lights at Candy Cane lane. I think we will spend the rest of the weekend playing video games and eating leftover goodies! Hope everyone else had wonderful memories!

1 comment:

Rayna said...

looks and sounds like a lot of fun!