Monday, December 22, 2008

My Mom's Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

I thought I had lost a recipe that my mom always made, we never had the traditional sugar cookies always these big soft yummy sugar cookies and I have missed them, so Kelly and I mixed the dough tonight! I says to cool for an hour but I always remember they work better overnight. And Decorate like regular sugar cookies!


1 c. shortening2 c. sugar1/2 pt. sour cream2 eggs2 egg yolks1 tsp. vanilla1 tsp. salt1 tsp. baking soda2 tsp. baking powder2 tsp. nutmeg6 c. flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together the following: shortening, sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well. Cover, chill 1 hour. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion on a lightly floured surface to approximately 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter. Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments: