Sunday, October 5, 2008

October is Here and We Are Off to a Busy Start!


Wow cannot believe it is October! This has been a busy week, it didn't feel much like October at the start of the week when we had 90 plus degree weather but that has led Bridget and Quinn to an unexpected week of swimming fun! On Wednesday Bridget had braces put on! She is very excited about them and in case you cannot tell the rubber bands are orange and black for Halloween! We also had Hispanic Heritage night at school and Quinn's favorite week began the Book Fair! He did get a couple of new books, and has already read one of them! We have had a great weekend it is the weekend of our church's general conference so we were happy to hear words from our church leaders this weekend. We also spent a day at Apple Hill with my sister and her family, my brother Bob and his wife, and my friend Diana and her daughter, it was a rainy fall day and the weather was not good but the kids didn't mind and everything smelled so fresh and clean from the rain! We all went out to dinner and had a great time! Below is a slide show of our day...
Lastly on a sad note on our way to Apple Hill yesterday I received a call from a friend in Elk Grove letting me know that my friends husband had passed, Brother Sundberg or Santa as he was known to my kids (He became Santa every year with full beard and all!) I babysat his beautiful granddaughters when we lived in Elk Grove and was able to become friends with him and his wife, they used to live in Fairfield too! I know he is with his mom and Beautiful daughter Jenny who passed away two years ago. We will miss him but like Christmas and Santa! He too will live in our hearts.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

That was a busy week! i can't believe Bridget is excited for braces-I hated mine, but she is younger than I was when I got mine. Good for her for having such a great attitude about it! You will be here on the 18th, you say? I don't think we have anything going one, maybe we could have you for dinner. Email me and let me knor your plans.