Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Mary Poppins"

Bridget at Disneyland July 2008
Bridget at the Grand Canyon in March of 2008
Bridget on a Snow Outing with her cousins in Spring 2008

Ever since our Princess was born she has been such a wonderful blessing.

She slept all night in the hospital. She loved to just sit in her swing and listen to her little voice. She loved to be held by her daddy, yes she is daddy's girl! She came home from the hospital on May 28th 1997 riding in the Ford truck between Kelly and I with his hand holding on to her little fingers! (I think he has been wrapped in those fingers ever since!) She was only 19 months old when Quinlan was born and she was so sweet to him...even as he grew and loved to pull her hair. The only thing I can remember her doing when she was little that was "naughty" or out of the ordinary was she climbed out of her crib at a very young age. She had a tough start to school but has made the honor roll every semester and never, ever gets in trouble. Her third grade teacher said she was "Mary Poppins" practically perfect in every way. The song "In My Daughters Eyes' has always reminded me of her, she sees good in every person she meets. babies and small children flock to her, one of her friends little sisters love spending time with her instead of their own sister! On a recent trip on the train a little 2 year old boy fell in love with her and sat with her on the train from Winnemucca to Reno and played games, watched "Thomas" and shared cookies. Sisters in my ward often ask "When can she babysit?" If Bridget ever did anything a little bit wrong all it needed was a look and she corrected it. She is not totally perfect though! She is called Pokey! She is slow at getting ready which does drive her mom a little or lot crazy (depending on if I will be late for work!) But I think she is entering puberty, ugh...I can't take it she is supposed to be the good kid! Yesterday she got to me more then ever before, pouting, whining, annoying her brother, being a little rude! All of those attributes are supposed to be saved for Jeff and Quinnie! NOT BRIDGET!
But alas I think the time is coming, she is a pre-teen almost a dreaded "Teenager"...if this is what that is going to be like "Oh Know". I want my "Butterfly Kisses" back. Will I make it through this age? Will her father? Will her brothers? And will she live to tell about it? Only time will tell! I guess if this all I have to worry about with her and she is still the great student, the good friend, the wonderful babysitter, and truly loving daughter of God I can Survive and she will too!


No comments: