Thursday, February 26, 2009

Is another month almost gone!

I said at the end of January I would Blog more!!! Well here I am catching up. February has almost come and gone! I downloaded some Irish Music on my Playlist because March is almost here and it is time as my mom would say for the "wearing O the Green!" Growing up my mom and dad reminded us often of our Irish roots and how hard is was for the Irish when they first came to this country, most people wouldn't give them jobs and so they took jobs as policemen, firemen, and ambulance worker (my grandpa drove one of the first ambulances into Paris on D Day in World War II). So I am proud of my Irish heritage and hopefully can instill some of that into my kids along with their wonderful German ancestry! It was a busy month but lots of fun! Kelly had to make two trips to LA for work so that was not fun for us, but Quinn and Bridget were fine company for Valentines day dinner! (And Kelly left me some goodies before he left.) We had inches and inches of rain this month too. But last weekend I had a great dinner for my birthday with my sister and all of her kiddos and my older brother Bob and his wife! That was a lot of fun just to sit and talk! We spent the night at Kat's and got to go watch Stacey go play some baseball the next day, I can't believe he is in High school! Kelly came home Sunday and we spent some great family time together! On Monday I had a great birthday, I had some wonderful friends take me to lunch and it was fun just to get together and then Jeff, Bridget and Quinn and I had a late afternoon treat! Raychel and Kellie took me to the movies we saw Shopaholic and it was really fun, then Kelly took me out for a late night dinner, it was great to have some alone time. On Tuesday Quinn and Bridget preformed in the Black History night Choir performance and Quinn had a speaking part and did a great job and Bridget helped with one of the games that night. We are looking forward to our upcoming break at the end of March, Kelly may have to go back to LA so we could go visit the mouse while he is there! Happy February to everyone! I think one of the best things this month is I have had lots of time to reflect on MOM and how much I love her and still miss her, but not with so much sadness now, I took some Shamrocks to her grave yesterday and thought about all the good things she did for me, I am so happy she was my mom!

1 comment:

KaYla said...

Your goal was to blog more. Mine is to come up with things to blog about. Happy March!