Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy New Years and All that Stuff

I love Christmas vacation! sitting around doing not much of anything! We baked some cookies, opened presents and tomorrow we will start the celebration that is QUINN! His cousins, Sophia, Stacey, Caleb and Jacob are coming to spend the night and then his party is Saturday morning complete with a Dryers Birthday Cake flavored Ice Cream, Ice Cream Cake! We have not done Christmas with the Angle side of the family yet so we will be all (except Ed and some of the kids far away) together Saturday Afternoon, we will probably also visit the cemetery, which when I went there yesterday it was oddly peaceful, I visited My Great Aunt Nana, my grandma Peg and Grandpa Kenny, Kathleen's little boy Robbie and then Mom and Dad. I missed them so much this year. Buying dad some goofy golf shirt, making sure it had a pocket on the left! and some piece of Irish Crystal or Disney Decoration for mom, smelling her Windsong that Dad would get her. The smell of grandma Angle's applesauce cake and waking up with Dad to have that first piece for breakfast. Sharing See's candy with mom. Watching her in her apron and slippers as she cooked, swore, drank diet Pepsi and made the best fudge I have ever tasted! When Bridget and Quinn woke at 4 am on Christmas morning and they said they were not sure what woke them I was sure it was mom and dad paying me back for all those early Christmas mornings and they probably gave them a little shove! I see them live on through their Children and grandchildren and great grandchildren (10 and 2 more on the way!). I look forward to 2008, At least I can not bury my mom or dad this year... Morbid but true... Anyway we look forward to new family members and new friends and trying to be better people!

No comments: